Worship Night

Worship Night
Catalyst Christian Church, Nicholasville, KY

Monday, December 10, 2012

Funny Stuff

Okay folks, most of the time this blog is pretty serious, but today I'm departing from that and will just have a little bit of fun.

Once there was a little boy who lived in the country.  For bathroom facilities, they had to use an outhouse.  All his friends had indoor plumbing, and he hated the outhouse because it was hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and smelled bad all the time.

The outhouse was sitting on a bank of a creek and the boy determined that one day he would push the outhouse into the water.

One day after a spring rain, the creek was swollen so the little boy decided today was the day to push the outhouse into the creek.  So he got a large stick and pushed.  Finally, the outhouse toppled into the creek and floated away.

That evening his dad sternly told him to sit down.  Knowing he was in trouble, the little boy asked why.  His dad replied, "Someone pushed the outhouse into the creek today.  It was you, wasn't it, son?"

The boy answered yes.  Then he thought a moment and said, "Dad, I read in school today that George Washington (our first president for our international readers) chopped down a cherry tree and didn't get in trouble because he told the truth."

The dad replied, "Well, son, George Washington's father wasn't in that cherry tree when he chopped it down!"


And if that wasn't enough, here are the top ten WORST pickup lines ever:

10.  Can I have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
9. Hi- I'm Mr. Right.  I heard you were looking for me.
8. If I had a nickel for every woman who was a beautiful as you, I'd have five cents.
7. Girl, you must have a license to drive me this crazy!
6. Is it hot in here, or is it just you?
5. I've lost my number.  Can I have yours?
4. Your dad must be a weapons expert because you are the bomb.
3. Drop the zero and get with the hero, baby.
2. Are you tired?  Because you've been running through my mind all night long.
1. Are you a parking ticket?  'Cause you've got FINE written all over you.

4 comments: