Worship Night

Worship Night
Catalyst Christian Church, Nicholasville, KY

Monday, December 10, 2012

Life is too short . . . .

Life's too short to worry about what others think of you.  Be yourself.

Life's too short to hate.

Life's too short to stay off the dance floor.  Nobody cares if you can't dance.  Just get out and dance.  Look like a moron- try it, it's fun.

Life's too short to worry about expressing yourself in worship.  Get as crazy in church as you do at a football game.

Life's too short to go around with a pessimistic attitude.

Life's too short to be constantly worrying about your weight.  Think about all the people who passed up the dessert cart on the Titanic.

Life's too short to be consumed with yourself.

Life's too short to be consumed by things.  Things don't count.  People do.

Life's too short not to laugh.  When you stop laughing, you stop living.

Life's too short not to love the Bible.  Too many people go from cradle to grave without ever experiencing the greatest love letter ever written.

Life's too short to neglect your family.  They are the ones most likely to stick with you when you fall.

Life's too short to worry about how much money you make.  In the end, your financial situation will be determined by how much you spend, not how much you make.

Life's too short not to tell jokes.

Life's too short not to share a hug.

Life's too short to take everything you hear personally.

Life's too short to let popularity consume you.  So what if you aren't popular?  95% of the people in the world aren't popular, and if the 5% who are popular moved somewhere else, they'd join the other 95% of us.

Life's too short to let this world write a script for your life.

Life's too short to watch commercials.

Life's too short to listen to music or watch tv that kills your joy- depressing, suicidal, hopeless music or sex-saturated, violent shows.  Those things only bring you down.

Life's too short not to love- God, your friends, your family, your enemies, nerds, geeks, dweebs, morons, skinheads, losers, winners, and everyone in between.  Just love.

Life's too short not to pray.

Life's too short not to find your purpose.  You have a purpose, a design, and a Creator who loves you.  To go through life without finding your purpose is to live in a constant state of despair.  Despair will choke the life out of you.  Like William Wallace said:

Everyone dies, but only a few truly live.

Not me.  When I reach my final day, I want all the music inside of me used up.  I want to have laughed every laugh, loved every love, and have invested myself in people.  I don't want tons of possessions, tons of awards, or tons of money.  I do want peace, happiness, and a strong relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus.  I want my Bible to be worn out from all the times I read it.  I want my knees calloused because of hours of prayer.  I want my voice completely gone because of all the laughter, all the jokes I told, and all the words of encouragement that have come from me.  I want my ankles to be worn out because I never sat out a dance.  I want a large family around me.  I want the people who didn't like me to be confused because I still loved them.  I want my tear ducts to be empty because of the tears of joy and sorrow that have been cried out.  I want the world to know that children are important.

And most of all, I want my funeral to be a celebration of the life I lived, not a mourning of the life I COULD have lived.

We only get one shot at this life.  Make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment