Worship Night

Worship Night
Catalyst Christian Church, Nicholasville, KY

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Restarting the 7:14 challenge

William Hyung called and told me I wasn't a very good singer.  Ouch.

Richard Nixon called and told me I wasn't very honest.  Double ouch.

A former KGB agent said America was "godless."  Triple ouch.

The first two statements are not true.  The third one is.  However, all three statements have something in common- when you receive criticism from those kinds of sources, you're seriously in bad shape.

Yes, Russian President Vladimir Putin, a former KGB agent and brutal dictator, looks at America and says, "Wow, you guys are really screwed up."  When someone like that calls us out, we know we've got a problem.  I would imagine that Putin watched the Grammys this past week, because honestly, after hearing about what went on, I think I agree with him.

However, I'm not willing to accept it.

Last year, I did something in the month of February called the 7:14 challenge.  I set my alarm for 7:14 AM and 7:14 PM, and twice a day, I prayed through 2 Chronicles 7:14- "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

I am restarting that challenge, and I'm asking you to do the same thing.  It's a very simple challenge:

1) Set your alarms for 7:14 in the morning and evening.
2) Every day for a month, stop what you are doing at that time and pray through 2 Chronicles 7:14.
3)  Pray that our nation will humble itself before God.  If you want to know what it means for our nation to humble itself, watch the Grammys and pray that our nation does the exact opposite.
4)  Pray that America would become a nation of prayer.
5)  Pray that America would become a nation that seeks the face of God.
6)  Pray that America would turn from its wicked ways.  I don't think I need to elaborate.
7)  Pray that God will hear us.
8)  Pray that God will forgive our sins.
9)  Pray that God will heal our land.

Visualize in your mind what God's healing would look like- abortion clinics shuttered, political corruption called out and punished, schools becoming places of learning instead of places of strife and disrespect, families staying together, the scourge of drug addiction gone, debts erased, child abusers and pedophiles brought to justice, the surveillance state diminished, and the list goes on.

Then pray that vision.  Pray that America would repent and that a great revival, similar to the First and Second Great Awakenings, would occur here.  We desperately need it.  

Who is up for the challenge for February?  This guy is.  Who else? 

No comments:

Post a Comment