Worship Night

Worship Night
Catalyst Christian Church, Nicholasville, KY

Monday, August 31, 2015

September 13, 2015- The Shemitah, End of the World, Stock Market Crash . . . .

I am a big fan of Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. I loved his books, The Harbinger and The Shemitah. It was very eerie to look up all the things in The Harbinger and see them actually as he described them. His understanding of Messianic Judaism, the Hebrew culture and language, and the original transcripts of Scipture truly are amazing. I believe him to be a modern-day prophet.

For those of you who don't know, there is a lot of talk about Bible Prophecy coming true in a few weeks. In a nutshell, Cahn has shown that the two most recent stock market crashes in 2001 (a week after 9/11) and 2008 (the beginning of the Great Recession) occurred on the same day of the Jewish calendar, a date called Elul 29. These coincide with the Biblical concept of the Sabbath year, which you can read about if you want to. I won't discuss them here.

Because of the 2001 and 2008 crashes happening on the same date seven years apart, he has quite logically looked for a future date. That occurs September 13, 2015. He's simply looking at data, suggesting that we be prepared for another stock market crash as America continues to thumb its nose at God and defiantly refuse to repent and return to Him.

I'm not arguing one way or another.

I believe God cannot be mocked. I believe He executes His judgement on rebellious people and nations. I believe that the only thing that gets America's attention is money. We have put up with abortion, murder, disintegration of families, exponential rise in drug use, riots, corrupt government- but when our bank accounts go down, we really holler and scream. If God executes judgement on America, there is no doubt in my mind that it will be financial. So, there is a part of me that believes what Cahn says. A large part, in fact.

On the other hand, God has a real knack for NOT acting as we predict Him to. I can't tell you how many date setters have been debunked, predicting the rapture, the end of the world, etc. God seems to be fairly resistant to being put in a box. So, following history, I find it hard to believe that God will act on a certain date forecasted by humans.

The purpose of this blog, however, isn't to talk about whether or not the stock market will crash on September 13, 2015. It might. It might not.

What I am challenging Christians on is this- have you spent more time thinking about your bank account than your soul? I know I have.

I have wrestled with whether to sell my stocks, whether or not to stock up on food, whether or not to try to insulate myself from a worldwide financial meltdown that might be coming. I've read many blogs and articles about the "inevitable" crash on the horizon. Many Christians I know have as well.

What I haven't done, however, is spent time examining my soul and my life.

If you have spent more time worrying about your bank account and stocks than your soul and your walk with Christ, you are missing the boat.

God brings judgement on a nation for its rebellion. If God brings judgement on this nation, there isn't anything you will be able to do, materially, to save yourself. That's not the point. If the threat of judgement is on this nation, you must take time to ensure that you aren't part of the problem.

Instead of asking, "Should I sell my stocks?" we should be asking questions like these:

Am I sexually immoral?
Am I a forgiving person?
Am I am person with unclean hands, unrepentant of the sin in my life?
Am I a person to whom Jesus will say, "I know you. Well done, good and faithful servant?"

Let me say it again- if you have spent more time worrying about your 401k than your soul, you have missed the entire point of God's judgement.

I don't know what will happen on September 13. I really don't. What I do know is that I am using this time to examine my life, to root out areas of disobedience to God, root out areas of bitterness and unforgiveness and anger that hold me back, root out areas of resistance to God's will, and work on my relationship with God. When God's judgement hits, there won't be any physical preparations that will save you. So spend your time making SPIRITUAL preparations, because when it hits, God's love and grace will be all you have.

1 comment:

  1. For sure there is something coming, this September, but I don't think it's judgment. We are in the Age of Grace and the Ancient of Days has already told us that His wrath is not yet to come, but will ALL be unleashed during the Tribulation. On the contrary, I believe that September 14, 2015 is going to ring in something wonderful, a move of the Spirit. We are on the edge of a Spiritual revival that this country and world has not seen in over 200 years. This is a very good blog, and yes, ALL those questions need to be contemplated daily, not because we are living in the Shemitah year, but because it's what Jesus told us to do, daily, to take up our cross and follow him. The reason why I believe we are about to see a revival is because not only are we currently in the Shemitah year, but we are also coming to the end of the Tetrad (4 blood moons) There have been only three other Tetrads in 500 years, 1493, 1949, 1967, and this year coming. Add to that the fact that the fourth blood moon is 14 days past the day the Year of Jubilee will begin in the Jewish calendar, we can look toward Israel and the Jews for something from GOD. In each of those previous Tetrads, GOD had done something miraculous for the Jews. I watched the movie Four Blood Moons on Netflix. It's worth a look see. America is not the center of the universe, yet, we seem to have that in our heads that we are. Ethocentrism has invaded our thinking. Look toward Israel, that is the center of God's heart. Our government will not be "punished" as one turning its back on GOD. We should be thanking GOD we have a secular government. A secular government in these days is a safest kind of government. There are no Christian governments, but other religious governments that are diametrically opposed to Christianity, such as the Muslim countries where it is illegal to be a Christian. That could easily happen here, so I thank GOD that our Constitution demands a secular government. GOD isn't concerned what 9 Justices think of marriage, He is concerned with the heart of His people and the lost souls of the world as time begins to wind down in the Age of Grace. Examine our hearts yes, but this Year of Jubilee if any, we need to focus on evangelism so that we can free those in bondage to Satan, see sin debts cancelled, and watch the inheritances of the Holy Spirit to be dispersed among those destined to be saved as Ephesians 1 tells us. There are modern-day prophets for sure, the Bible never called an end to the office of the prophet in the church, we did as a people. GOD is raising up prophets again, as He spoke in the book of 1 Kings to Elijah. We are coming into the days inferred to in Malachi 4 where the spirit of Elijah will return in as the act of mentoring will be restored. As "Elijah's" in the world, we need to be looking for our "Elisha's" in the younger generation, for they will be the voice of the revival coming, and they need us older Christians to take them under our wings and lead, guide, mentor, and "adopt" them as sons. Blessings to you and your family, Dave.

    ReplyDelete