Worship Night

Worship Night
Catalyst Christian Church, Nicholasville, KY

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Isn't She Beautiful? Part 2

Today I met my beautiful wife at Chik-Fil-A (most excellent!) and as we were sitting there, we ran into three people that blessed my day.  First was Bob Young.  Bob was a teacher at Henry Clay when I was there back in the late 80's.  To say that this is a godly man is the understatement of the year.  While I was at Southern Acres, I was blessed to be able to visit and care for his mother in her final stages of Alzheimers.  I also was blessed to get to know his father, the incomparable Palmer Young whose life influenced countless preachers and churches through his 60-plus years of ministry.  Bob's kind, caring personality and his steady faithfulness is a witness to the love of Christ.

Five minutes after we talked with Bob, up walked a good friend named Greg Williams.  Greg is a man passionately devoted to Christ- if you talk with him for more than two minutes, you are hearing about Jesus.  His powerful walk with Christ inspires and challenges me to surrender more and more of my life to Christ, and his passion is contagious.  Greg's challenging, courageous personality is a witness to the power of Christ.

Five minutes after we talked with Greg, I saw an old friend from my youth ministry days named David Jones.  David was an up and coming youth minister- one of the best in the business- until several years ago he was fired from his church for some immoral behavior.  I lost touch with him until today.  When I saw him today, I found out that not only is he back in ministry, but he is in ministry at the SAME CHURCH he used to work at.  To say this is rare is an understatement- I have seen so many graceless churches that would never give a minister another chance.  David has gotten his marriage together, his life together, and is going full steam in ministry now.  What a blessing.  David's restored life and renewed sense of calling is a witness to the amazing grace of Christ.

Three friends.  Three different people showing three different examples of Christ.  Christ's love.  Christ's power.  Christ's grace.  All in a period of one hour.  As I drove away from Chik-Fil-A today, I just whispered to myself, "Isn't She Beautiful?"  I would not have known these fine men without the church.  Like I said in another blog, I have met some of the worst people I've ever met by being in the church.  But like I said before, and say again today, the very BEST people I've ever met, I have met in the church.  I saw three of them today.  Bob, Greg, David- what blessings you were to me today.  It just reaffirms the statement, "Isn't She Beautiful?"

1 comment:

  1. Every time I enter the Chick Fil A on Harrodsburg road I run into someone I know that is either related to my church life or sports/coaching life. Was it that location? Never had that experience at any of the other ones. Awesome story on how God works!! "She is Beautiful"!

    ReplyDelete